Smith & Nephew Acticoat™ Flex 3 Antimicrobial Barrier Dressing with Silcryst Nanocrystals 8" x 16", Highly Flexible, Low Adherent (6BX 4BX/CS)
Smith & Nephew Acticoat Flex 3 Antimicrobial Barrier Dressing with Silcryst Nanocrystals consists of a flexible, low-adherent polyester layer coated with Nanocrystalline Silver. It is a highly conformable dressing that follows the body contours to maintain contact with the wound surface. The low-adherent properties of the dressing help minimize wound trauma at dressing changes.
- Nanocrystalline coating of pure silver delivers antimicrobial barrier activity within 30 minutes.
- Compatible as a wound contact layer with negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) for a period of up to 3 days.
- Open weave structure facilitates the passage of fluid through the dressing and wicks away excess exudate.
- Polyester substrate helps manage moisture level and control silver release.
- Effective barrier which may assist in preventing contamination of the wound.
- Versatile dressing that can be cut to the desired shape and size to wrap around all body parts.
- Sustained release of silver also means fewer dressing changes, resulting in less exposure of the wound bed to the environment.
- Provides potent, fast-acting, and long-lasting antimicrobial barrier control.
- Easy to apply and remove.
- Provides 3-day wear time.